Monday, May 28, 2012

BANANA!!!!!!!!! 05/28/12

Hello Everyone,
Yesterday we went to the army base that is in our area but its pretty far so the other elders took us in the car and to save kilometers on the car, they just joined us.  The other elders are Elder Mikaela from Kenya and Elder Mahavira from Zimbabwe.  They are awesome!  So we go to the army base to visit Revendo, a young kid who is a member.  His dad who is also a member is in the army and away till September.  So we visit him with the young men's president (who is younger then me haha) and work with him on his duty to god award.  When we were introducing ourselves I introduced Elder Mahavira and said he is a new elder and doesn't speak English yet.  I was obviously just kidding but he believed and so we played it off.  Elder Mahavira prayed in shona and they loved it!  So when we were teaching if anyone asked him anything all he would say was BA-NAN-A!!!!! hahahaha, maybe its not that funny to you but these young kids were laughing so hard and so was I.  Then at the end he just started speaking perfect English and it made the youngest kid cry he was so scared of him!  Haha it was funny!
But this week has probably been the best week I have ever had my whole mission!  I have never had to work so incredibly hard for success.  In the township it has always just seem to come, but here in town it doesn't just come you have to find all the work and its not easy.  Most of my mission I just thought God didn't think I could find my own work and that really bothered me!  Last weekend we knew we really needed to find way more people to teach!  So we prayed a LOT and worked really hard on Tuesday we spent for ever at the hospital trying to get our names on a clergy list so we could go and speak to people who have a death or serious illness in the family.  That was not an easy task.  Then we went to other shelters and support groups where the gospel would bring a lot of light into these lives.  Then we followed up on some formers.  It was very slow at first but I have never seen blessings come so quick!  This week we found NINE NEW PEOPLE to teach!!!  NINE they are all pretty cool too.
We were riding up the huge hill when we saw this mom carrying a huge bag on her head and one in her arms so we carried them home for her and met her family.  She was so grateful and she had us teach her whole family!  It was an awesome lesson!  We also had three people visit church and so that was cool.
This week we focused on one of the sisters we are teaching at the university she struggles to live the word of wisdom and so we have been helping her with that.  The other day we taught a lesson on the atonement.  We taught that he died for US!  We showed a dvd on the atonement and she said she just didn't realize what sin was doing and how we have the great gift of being able to repent and be made clean because of the atonement.  It was an awesome spiritual lesson!
We also took some time to kill roaches!  I think I killed a thousand!!!!!   I took video and pictures.  We went through three cans of bug spray!  They had nests up in the back of our fridge.  I think the ones that survived got cancer or something because they are still just dropping dead in random places. hahaha
I have thought a lot about Katee and hope she is doing good.  I can't imagine how hard it must be.  I struggled leaving home but now I feel like this is home and the thought of leaving freaks me out a little.  So I bet its not easy!  Anyways, thanks for everything I love you all, have great week!

Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment