Monday, July 11, 2011

How many missionaries does it take to break into the Mission Home? 07/11/11

Hello All,
First all, Happy Birthday to the greatest Dad ever.  I hope you have a great day!  Its been a pretty slow week which is actually pretty nice!  Yesterday we picked up the Woods and the Assistants from the airport. They were exhausted they did a mission tour in a week.  So when we got to the mission home (not the office mom I know you get those confused) we pulled up opened the gate and the garage and we all just stood there expecting someone would pull out keys to open the doors.  Well non of us had keys!  So we ran and grabbed the spare from the Herbert's and brought the keys back.  We use skeleton keys here like the old fashion ones, so President went to open the door and the other key was on the other side! haha  So we still couldn't get in.  Then I heard the alarm go off so I ran around back and Elder Larrabee and Sister Wood set the alarms off in the the back yard because there are sensors hahahaha it was so funny but who knew there were sensors in the back yard?  So while we went to Gugulethu to get the main door keys from the maid the Wood's took a walk.  We finally got them in haha, it was a fun experience!
We started the week off with a 4th of July party!  Obviously they don't celebrate it here,but we were invited to the Birchards an American couple and they had a nice party with some of the ward members. It was fun. they had sparklers.  My mom hates those!
Our investigator are doing pretty well, not a whole lot of progression.  However we saw Moses who wasn't really understanding the restoration at all so after teaching it twice in different ways we decided to show him the video.  He got it!  He was really touched and now that he understands that he sees the importance of the Book of Mormon and praying about all the things we teach!  Its like it came all together!  So hopefully progression will come from that!
I still cant get the Muslim lady of my mind.  The one who was ex communicated from the church and converted for some reason.  I just really want to go visit but she knows way more doctrine then I do!  All we could do is bear testimony that is if we could get a word in.  I have been praying about that a lot.  I don't know what to do yet! 
Well this week should be busy we will hopefully do transfer travel!  I can't believe its that time again!!  It will be cool to see the changes.  There are already so many just with travel!  I am glad that you got to meet the Probst there AWESOME!  I can't wait to see them again!  The Woods are also Great and I'm excited to get to know them more, they will be Great here!!!  I'm still working on writing all my letters I just haven't had a lot of time, but I am working on it today.  Have a great week.  I love you all.

Love Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment