Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Less Active Adventures 06/14/2011

OKAY, wow last week was NUTS!!!!  It was just crazy.  Transfers are so hectic but its over now and we don't have to worry about that for awhile. Someone mentioned Taylorsville Dayzz in their email and oh man I LOVE this time of year!  The 4th of July is my favorite holiday I will miss watching fireworks with my family! It will be the first time in..................................Ever that I haven't been there!  Oh well you won't have to take as many blankets.  So now I have a new companion he is from Centerville, Utah.  His name is Elder Naylor.  He is pretty cool.  I am supposed to train him in the office but its so hard.  I don't know what to have him do?  The thing is I just don't want to give him everything because then I will get bored hahaha.  I know I'm selfish, but he is doing great and picking up everything way fast!  Faster than I did!  He only has to be told once!  I had to be told like 50 times haha.  Since we have been in the office a lot lately we have only been getting out when it is dark, so we have been visiting some less active members.  We just have a list and like Katee we get peep holed a lot too.  Seriously do people think we can't see and hear them haha.  Oh well, we just think its funny.  Anyways one lady on this list is named Christine Long.  When we went to her door (electric Gate) a man came out and so we asked for Sister Long and he said hold on so we waited and then she came out and to our surprise she was American from Nebraska but she was raised in Idaho.  So we went in and got to know her a little, shared a spiritual though and left her with a prayer.  Her kids are all still in the states and she married this SA man a couple of years ago.  It seams like a LONG story but there is something fishy about it and I can't wait to find out more.  She seams very nice and I'm excited to get to know her. The bishops wife visits her and she gave us some details but only what she knew.  I love less active work.  I feel like a detective. haha. 
So the other day as we were trying to find some less actives with the GPS we were about to this address when we pulled around the corner and Pumla (the GPS) says "arriving at destination on left" so we both look to the left and all we see is a huge lot where a house used to be.  I said " well that explains why they are Not coming to church hahahaha" so we laughed and moved on it was kinda a sketchy area anyways. 
I am working on everybody's letters I promise they are almost done!  I really appreciate the letters I get! Thank you every one for all you do. 

Love Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment