Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just another week in the office.....05/17/2011

Well hello.  Its been a very boring week to be honest.  There has not been much happening. The office is way busy but just nothing exciting!  In our area we are just doing a lot of less active work.  Its really hard because the previous missionaries would baptize someone then when they get a new office elder they spend more training time in the office and the recent convert gets neglected and goes less active.  I've really been pushing to get out in our area more often!  We go every night but sometimes we don't even get out until 6.  I was talking to a guy in our ward and he was an office Elder in his mission and they didn't have an area.  I think that would be so hard, you receive tons of blessings and have alot of great experiences in the area, so I'm so thankful for my area!

I stayed up late the other night writing letters.  I just have one more and I will be caught up!  The weather here is getting cooler with some random hot days, like today.  I am not looking forward to another African summer but at least I  have a good 5 months of cool weather ahead!

Mom, you asked about our flat.  It is definitely the worst one I have been in.  I feel like I live in a poop box.  I really live in a scary nappy area, like living in a scary part of New York.  We have an electric fence and two gates and bars on every window.  At least it's clean, because I cleaned it and we don't have roaches or mice, but we do have a pet tarantula that keeps us safe.  We keep her in a clear Tupperware with air holes and she eats the lizards we catch her and the grass hoppers.  But don't worry Mom, I am okay, we will be moving when the Herberts leave.

We are visiting a cool less active man named Vincent, From Congo.  He is great!  He really struggles though. He is out of work and just struggling.  I think I have talked about him before, but since we have been visiting him he has changed ALOT!  He has alot more faith and is reading the Book of Mormon, which can help anyone!

I'm just trying to think of stuff to say..............OH I had a moment today haha, I get a little irritated sometimes ha, as I'm sure you all know, but being in the office especially!  I have tons to do and it gets a little stressful. So when I'm irritated I try not to let it show and I'm doing great.  But today I was thinking to myself  "Don't push me cause I am close to the edge I'm trying not to loose my head", ha, this won't be funny to any one but Steph Lilly.  I just laughed for about ten minuets then got back to work!  I love moments like that when you think of an inside joke and it changes your whole day!!  It made me miss Steph for a little bit.

Its crazy being in the office its really sad because when I came here Elder Marler said  "in a couple of weeks you wont feel like a missionary" and i just thought, NO WAY!  But really I don't, its hard sometimes!  I love being a missionary!  But I don't feel like one.  I told President Probst that in my interview and he said its normal and he said just because the temple president isn't doing a session everyday or not doing baptisms does NOT mean he isn't doing temple work.  That helped a lot!  Hopefully I will get out of the office sooner then 6 months!  I LOVE it but I want to be a missionary!  I know this is where the Lord wants me though I  have to except that.  He is just preparing me for something later in life. (I hope I'm not going to be a secretary) hahaha.  Well all is great in South Africa!  Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love Elder Balmforth


No comments:

Post a Comment