Monday, February 14, 2011

Slow Week 2-14-2011

Mom and Dad and family,
Hello!  I am doing great.  Okay, lets start off with some basics, so please once again pay off my credit card.  I decided I want to take my pills and went to fill the prescription and got all they had which was a two month supply and it cost me almost 400R, which is like $80.  I think.  Then Elder Nzuki needed a vaccine and since we don't have a senior couple anymore there is no one close by to bring money, so I just paid for that.  I will be reimbursed soon but it goes on my church card, so that's why I've spent so dang much, sorry!  I am very frugal though, I try so hard not to spend anything.

Then a question, Mom, you know all those dvd's you would show the YW or like the mormon messages, can you download some of those and send?  I would LOVE to have them but ONLY SEND THEM WHEN YOU SEND ANOTHER PACKAGE!!  You don't need to anytime soon, just when you can, that would be great.  On that note, I went another week with NO letters.  I'm sure the mail is just slow.  I know something is coming because the office elders sent us a tracking number, which means mail is coming!!!  Dad, a favor, please keep your eye on the church news.  Our new mission president should be announced in Feb. or March and we don't find out until they get here unless our family tells us, so let me know.  It will be sad to see the Probst's leave they are the best.

So just a cool story, we were washing our car behind the flat and a monkey just walked past, ha, ha, definitely not in Utah anymore.  So I'm doing great.  We had two baptismal interviews this week and we have a husband and a wife being baptized on the 27th.  We were the ones to knock on their door.  I am so excited for them. 

So Dad, NO we can't have any fun  zone things we would have to drive like three hours.  I hope you people understand that all the areas are pretty spread out and I really have not seen any other missionaries in like four weeks, but the zone leaders are driving down for exchanges this week so that will be nice.  Mom, I don't know if you got my last email, but you asked what I eat.  I live off of grilled cheese and oatmeal.  If we eat at a members house it depends on their culture, so no complaints.  I really don't have much to say, it's been a really slow week for us, we are just trying to keep going.  We are both doing great and getting along great.  I would not mind going another transfer the same, but this one still has four weeks, so we will see.

I'm so thankful for the gospel and I have seen first hand the way it can bless a family.  Like Katee, the song Families can be together forever gets me every time too.  I think that's the main reason why I want to do this is so that I can help families be together forever.  I'm so thankful for my family and so thankful that we can be together forever and I know I would be so lost without them. I'm so, so, so thankful to be blessed to have a temple close by so that my family CAN be together forever without question.  Never take the many temples in America for granted.  I'm so thankful for our savior and the atonement.  I love him and I'm eternally grateful for him.  I'm so very thankful for a living prophet to guide us in the direction we ought to go.  I know that this church is true.  I am  so thankful for the restoration.  I love you all and I am so grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life.  I hope everyone is doing great, cheers, love ya.

Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment