Monday, January 31, 2011

Loving the Mission 01/31/2011

Okay Hello!

So Wednesday is transfers, but I'm thinking we are both staying here another six weeks.  I'll express my feelings about that if it really happens.  We will see.  Dad, I am LOVING my mission!  I can't believe you would even ask.  So...long lost cousin drama, why does that not suprise me?  I can't wait to hear all about it.  I hope grandma is doing okay with everything, I know how family drama really is upsetting for her.  I absolutley love Knysna.  We should have at least three baptisms in February but were scheduled for 22.  We have 30 baptismal dates, which is cool but hopefully they won't fall through.  The one Elder Leach baptized on Sunday (Lindelwa) was my FAVORITE investigator.  I can't wait to see her again.  It gives me such great hope.  So we had 20 investigators at church on Sunday.  They filled the tiny chapel.  President and Sister Probst were there.  We had district training on Saturday and it was an AMAZING spiritual experiance and I love roll playing with them.  I learned so much and it really resolved a lot of my teaching concerns.  So about the pills in the mail.  I was just about to go over some package details, no, I have'nt gotten your package yet, hopefully this week.  So #1, it is very humid so things like jolly ranchers or anything that gets sticky quick like suckers are not good.  Obviously chocolate will never work because it's so hot here.  So the pills are capsules and it is so humid they will just disolve.  I am serious, I asked other missionaries.  The pills here are fine and hopefully, I will just be able to persuade a DR.  in my next area to just give me a new script.  He won't know when my last check up was.  Also, some great things to send in a package would be like cookie or brownie mix instead of tons of candy, but I love the sour patch kids and the jellie beans.  I am not complaining.  I LOVED the package, I am just trying to help.  Well this week I was proposed too, sexually assulted and hugged by drunks ALOT!   I also was led into the jungle when I was tring to help a family get some fire wood (because that is how most of them cook).  So about 15 minutes into the jungle feeling lost, the man turned around to talk to me and WOE this mans DRUNK.  So I was just wondering around the jungle with a drunk man listening to him tell me about nature as if he was Steve Irwin.  I am such an idiot.  I also got a flu bug, like nose throat, eye type flu and I am sunburned, like FRIED.  Just imagine how it feels when fleas are eating my burned, sore FLESH!!  I don't mean to complain but WHAT THE FREAK!  Did I do something wrong here?  I guess just laugh about it, which is what I've been doing.  I don't mean to boast or anything, but I've been suprised at my great attitude towards all this.  Mom and Dad, don't you be putting money in my account.  It reminded me of Jeffrey R. Hollands talk about how when he got home he went to the bank and all his money was still there.  I just lose it every time I read that talk because I know my parents are the same way, they have always sacrificed for there kids...well stop and save your money for yourself.  I am loving it in Knysna, I know whatever happens on transfer day is what the Lord wants but I just hope I stay!  I'm sure I will.  I'm sure we both will but I'll have Malcom let you know.  I'll find out tomorrow.  Anyways things are good here.  I'm going to send a package in April or March, but I will try and get you some pictures.  I can't upload them because Elder Leach has my cord and we never go to the mall for pictures, so I will really try.  Mom, I don't get to talk to Elder Leach, we are not allowed to communicate unless we are in the same district and now my district consists of me and my companion, so it gets a little (or more) lonley.  It's all good.  I'm doing great, really so I don't think I'll have time for individual emails today.  Sorry but mom I'm glad your doing good.  I love you and thanks for everything.  Calee, it's totally fine so stop worrying.  Mom and Dad, I love you.  Katee....keep up.  I am being humble Kate, I promise haha.  I'm jealous you got a church tour.  We don't do those because no one can walk to the church or they won't.  One time Elder Leach and I had an investigator who worked for the alarm company and it was the only way to get him there, so we tried setting off the alarm, haha.  Anyways, I love you all so much you are all great.  Thanks for the love and support, I will talk to you next week.

P.S.  Letters this week are from Mom and Grandma of course.  Then Amanda and Laura.  Thanks for writting.  Laura, yes, I got your Christmas card, didn't you get my letter?

P. S.S.  I can't freaking believe Katee got to talk to Marissa.  I'm literally frustrated.  That's not fair, she shouldn't get to do that.  Missionaries outside the states can't.  It's in the white handbook that no one can! duh....I wanna talk to someone and everyone I talk to is not American....Oh well, just kidding Kate.
Katee............have a great FREAKING week.

No comments:

Post a Comment