Monday, March 19, 2012

Well its been a great week!  I don't want to jinx it but its been much cooler this week!  I think winter is just around the corner!  So I guess my last summer in Africa is coming to an end.  Usually when things end I hate it but I am SO excited!  I love winter!
Our area is doing well. We have found quite a few new people.  We found this guy last week and he was kind of dodging us and not really interested so we finally met with him again and taught the restoration over again.  He had a total change of heart.  He seemed totally prepared and loved it.  Then yesterday we met with him and taught him about the Book of Mormon and he loved it and understood it so well.  We had been praying that people would be prepared and he was prepared right before our eyes!  It was awesome!
We also fasted with two of our investigators.  Their family is not really happy about baptism and I have never seen any investigators with stronger testimonies right at the start.  They are so faithful!  So we fasted with them and it was a really cool experience.  I know the Lord will prepare a way.   Its just a matter of waiting for HIS timing.
OH.....so it seems like people die here left and right!!!!!  EVERY weekend with out fail we are invited to a funeral.  Elder Fozard and I went to an inactive members funeral and xhosa funerals are the best, we clap sing and jive (dance). haha it was so fun and then after the TWO hour funeral of fun we have the after tears where we eat.  There is always a big line but they make the melanges (whites) go the front.  Which is a little uncomfortable but maybe its because I look malnourished and not because I'm white? haha but it was fun and don't get me wrong we don't just funeral crash we really do mourn with the family.  It was sad to see them bury their loved one and we were not as rude as I sound its just an experience we never get back home and no one knew we were having as much fun as we were.  Maybe I shouldn't share this I sound really bad. but funerals are so different here.
 I forgot it was St. Patties day.  I love corned beef and cabbage but its all good.  I will be there next time.  It sucks seeing my comps and district prepare to go home,  especially Elder Fozard, but I know it will be all good it will be lonley for a while but it will get better then I will be home before you know it.  It goes too fast most of the time.  Well I miss you all so much and I'm so thankful for all everyone does for me while I am serving.  I am so grateful for my family and all that they do for me.  I have been so blessed and I know I forget that sometimes. I am so lucky to have so many people who write and give me strength.  I am so spoiled!  Well I hope everything is going well love you!

Love,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment