Monday, December 19, 2011

12/18/11

Hello!
This week has been pretty good.  We had two really good baptisms on Saturday.  Siphokazi and Lydia, it was great to see them get baptized they were really happy.  Siphokazi had to go down 4 times.  Her dress would not go under the water!  So her son Pakamissa the one I mentioned last time was a little freaked out. So then on Sunday he wouldn't go to primary because he was afraid of water hahahahaha it was sad but really funny!  Things in Kwano are going good.  We have some great investigators and we are starting to work with some good less actives.
We were teaching Lydia about enduring to the end.  Her friend is a member and was with us in the lesson. We talked about if she had a good job offer and they asked her to work Sundays what would she do.  So after some silence she said. "I couldn't take it...I have to take the sacrament" and her friend said YOUUUU which is like WHAT!!!!!!!   Lydia quickly said "don't say YOUUU, The Lord WILL provide" LESSON OVER!!!!  She understands! hahaha it is amazing not to see people be baptized but to see them truly have a desire to follow their Heavenly Father and the Savior and be converted.  The Lord really does provide when we show our faith.   I instantly thought of Grandma Harward, she always says that.
Thank you for all the letters and packages. Every time I get a letter some one says"who's that one from" and of course I have the usual from Grandma, Oma, and mom and dad.  I love to say oh my neighbor or friend. People are amazed at all of you for the support you give me and Katee!  Thank you. Marilyn, I got your card, thank you! Grandma thank you for the 1st 7 days of Christmas its cool.  I'm excited for the rest!
BUT I wont be sending any post till mid January when its a little more reliable. Sorry but things don't seem to make their destination in December.
I am so thankful for the Savior and for Christmas when we can make a larger effort to remember him.  Not just by going to church and maybe thinking about him but by remembering him in all we Do, all we THINK and in all we SAY.  Its hard but so worth it.  I love you all.
Love,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment