Monday, December 12, 2011

Miracles!!! 12/12/11

Okay I have a lot to say as well!  Its been a crazy week but a fun one.  We had our zone Christmas party and that was a lot of fun.   President and Sister Wood are really cool and it was a fun day.  We watched 17 miracle's about the Willy Martin Hand Cart Company and it was really good and helped me realize how much the early saints sacrificed for the truth.  I would like to say my faith is that strong but I think it still needs some nourishing.
This Saturday (the 17th) we should have 2 baptisms.  One of them is Lydia.  I was stoked to teach a "Lydia", I figured Lydia (my cousin) would be excited.  African Lydia is really cool! (so is little Lydia) but anyways the elders had just begun teaching her the week before I came and she is really really prepared!  She has a really strong testimony and is going to do great!  The other baptism is Siphokazi who is also very prepared!  She has the coolest kid, he is six years old and has downs syndrome.  He has such a special spirit and  is the coolest kid.  Siphokazi reminds me of my mom.  Her kid is ALWAYS clean and just a good kid, but he does some funny things.  The other day I was teaching and he was sitting by her feet and when I was mid sentence I look down and he was flipping me off.!   I laughed so hard haha and his mom smacked him and it was naughty but funny.  He doesn't understand that it was bad or what it means hahaha his name is Pakamissa.  I love them they are awesome!   We are also teaching the Mdingani sisters who are 16 and 15. They are really smart and VERY prepared.  They are going to seminary too.  But they have no support structure.  So we have been praying for them to find a support structure and the other day they said that their dad wanted to come to church and take the lessons!!!!!!! MIRACLE!  We were stoked.  I even have more great things to say but no time!  So everything here is going great and it is amazing to see all the miracles happen every day.  Sometimes there easy to miss but its good to pay attention so we can be more thankful to the Lord.  I love the people of South Africa.  They are so humble and grateful for all they have.  It has helped me realize how lucky I am and how grateful I am for all that I have.  I am so blessed.  Thanks for the letter Allison.  I am working on letters for everyone else.  I hope everyone has a great week and Katee and Kelsee HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! love ya
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment