Monday, April 18, 2011

A week of ups and downs

Well well well!!!!!  I'm only doing one email because of time!  Sorry!  Thanks for the pictures of Brayden!!!  He's freaking cute!  He looks like Calee and Dave too a little!  I wish you could send him in a package but its probably not the best idea!  I love the picture of Parker and Brayden, its cool! Brayden looks like a little G in one of them! hmmmmmm.  Well I wish I could be there but I'm doing fine here!  I LOVED GENERAL CONFRENCE!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll give you some insights later!

So sorry my email was a little hostile last week I feel the same this week but I'll try to be nicer hah. I really don't try to sound mean.  So Calee and Dave thank you for your emails I will email you both back next week when I have more time, it really means lot that you thought of me.  I've been thinking about you guys all week!  I did get the call from sister Herbert so thanks dad for calling, I was jealous she spoke to you!!  I'm also glad you all sent pictures because if I didn't have then I was going to go on email strike!

Well, we have THREE baptisms on Saturday!  I'm not counting but that will be seven for Elder Balmforth but there just blessings to be able to be apart of their amazing decisions to follow our Savior!
1st is Clive and Jennifer a great couple from Zimbabwe!  Yes they are black in my white area!  They live in a white families shed, there the house keepers.  Sad. but they are great people and they have two little kids one can be baptized in about a year!!  They are so excepting to the gospel and what our father in heaven expects of them!  The kids also love sweet tart jelly beans haha and Elder Balmforth!

Then there is John a 13 year old boy, his dad was a less active but the spirit reactivated him hahah, cheesy and then John got interested!  He's great to teach!  Even the law of chastity he liked to learn about haha.  It got a little awkward though when freaking Elder Fozard starts saying "how do you say $#%^&@# in Afrikaans, ugh Law of Chastity got awkward involving hand actions from Johns dad.

We also taught an awesome lesson on Monday to a nice white couple Ben and Maudy.  It went awesome we started teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ but at the exact same time we both got really strong impressions to teach the restoration!  I LOVE teaching with the spirit!  What would missionaries do with out it?.........twiddle there thumbs.

So we also see this recent convert named Cecilia, shes a very nice colored lady!  I love her she's my favorite in George!   She reminds me of Kath, just a little short lady who would do anything for anyone!  She feeds us all the time and her daughter lives with her and just treats her terrible!  Cecilia cooks and cleans and caters to her 35 year old daughter so the other day we watched Mormon messages with her and they really helped her ALOT thanks mom and dad!

Also! You know Elder Henrico who I serve around, yeah I'm pretty sure Laura Walkers brother baptized him.  I'm not exactly sure because his English is very broken, so conversations involve alot of nodding the head but I'm pretty sure!

General Conference!!!!  Now I know why Kelsee is getting married!  She got rebuked through conference! haha just kidding!  But it was great!  I loved what Lynn G Robbins said, the child who takes the most patients is the bigger blessing but I think my parents got a lot of blessings because I can see how all four of us took tons of patients! (but I know I'm the most blessed child) I love how they talked about the welfare program so much and charity.  I always try to think "have I done any good in the world today" and its hard when we live in a world full of selfishness that I get caught up in way too much.  I also love the talks on the temple!  I don't think any one from Utah understands how spoiled we are! GO AND DO TEMPLE WORK.  Our responsibility is greater because were more privileged!  Take advantage of temple work!  I wish I could haha!  Our branch just scrimped and saved all year so they could drive in an old beat up bus to the temple in Jo burg !^  Eight or more hours aways!  And I didn't hear one complaint before they left or when they came back!!

I love this gospel, I love our Savior.  I KNOW that this gospel is the only way back to our father in heaven and that its available to every one!!!!!  In conference they said its not easy being a latter day saint but its the only way!

Well this week has been FULL of UPS and DOWNS!  I really miss my family a lot and wish I could just go home for an hour to see Brayden but  know I'm here for a purpose and I can help people to be together forever I love you family friends and Nephew!  Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment