Monday, March 28, 2011

Good O'l George

Hello from George,
I am liking it here.  I miss Knysna like crazy and miss the humble township people so bad.  I really have no respect for white people here.  A less active lady yelled at me for going to war with Libya.  I almost flipped out at her, but my companion just touched my arm to keep me calm.  I mean, COME ON LADY, I didn't even know we were at war with Libya.   I haven't seen the darn news for nearly six months and last I checked I was not Obama, so back off.....but I kept my little missionary composure and said "oh that's too bad", but I did say at least we are not the #1 rape capital of the world.  Which was really uncalled for but it just slipped out.  They are all just so racist here.  White people in Knysna were NOT like this!  It is really hard to handle sometimes.  I was not raised that way and we are all Heavenly Father's children.

We are going to Port Elizabeth tomorrow for zone conference.  It should be good but I am not looking forward to the four and a half hour drive.  At least we can all drive.  I can't wait to drive through Knysna.

So my companion is cool.  It's a lot like having a little brother I'm sure.   I don't have a little brother but if I did he would be annoying and immature sometimes. He's a bit crazy but he is way nice and a great teacher.  He is a lot different from Elder Nzuki and Elder Leach but it's been a good experience.  Elder Fozard has been a huge help.  It's been like a roller coaster MTC way way down.  Elder Leach brought it way up and Elder Nzuki, Low as the earths core.  So with Elder Fozard I am on my way up, so he's been a blessing.  We do a lot of finding.  I feel like I'm in the states sometimes, but I bet people there would be a little more friendly.  Don't get me wrong one out of twenty white people are very friendly and invite us in for some cool drink.  I'm enjoying the experience.  I mean how many missionaries can be serving in a third world country and then get transferred only one hour away and be in a nice area with wealthy white people?  It has been great.

We have a few good investigators, we have a husband and wife, Evone and Frikke, actually they are not married but they are open to the ideal.  They are very prepared.  The only trouble is that the branch is mainly blacks and when white people come to visit the church, they don't come back.  The blacks come from the other Elder's area.  I think once Evone and Frikki come they will handle it okay.  I hope.  Sadly those are really the only investigators we have.  We work a lot with white less actives.  They are less active because the Branch President is black...it is so sad.  I admit it's a little unorganized bit it won't get better with all these less actives.  I don't understand how some one can know about such an amazing truth, pray and receive that witness for themselves, be baptized and then go less active.  What!!!  This gospel is so sacred and so amazing.  It's THE ONLY WAY we can return to live with our Father in Heaven!  I know I probably offended some people so I am sorry, but with that said, I am so thankful for the spirit world and for the opportunity others will have to except Heavenly Father's plan.  I'm so thankful for the temples we are so blessed with and I will never take them for granted again.  I can't wait to go to the temple often.  Anyway, it's been a great week and I'm so thankful for this amazing opportunity to serve.  I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment